8-21-17

Hey......yikes....

This week has gone by super fast! To start off last Monday we drove the beautiful 3 hour long drive to Anchorage with our Zone Leaders. It was so much fun and really amazing views the whole time. We drove up for a Zone Conference which was a blast. I really love seeing everyone and also listening to the trainings. I learned a ton! Our new mission President had a lot to go over on the agenda so it took a long time. We learned of the new push from the Brethren about who we should be spending time with and how long we spend there. It honestly sounded like some big changes to missionary work is coming but not any time before I'm done so it will be interesting to see what is coming. We talked a lot about finding through part member families and prospective Elders and children of record over 9. It was a lot of stuff to take in but I really loved it. One of my favorite things President Toone said was "a number will never get into the Celestial Kingdom only a child of God." That really hit me! We were talking so much on all the different people in our area and contacting as many as we could but that statement made me remember that these are people and not numbers. Oh and President Toone was wearing a tie that will soon be mine because he said he would arm wrestle me for it so it's sooo on! Anyway after Zone Conference we drove on back and really started our week. We taught a lot of people this week which was a huge blessing. Having a new missionary can be kinda hard when you don't have a lot of people to teach but after diligently doing all we can to find people the Lord really blessed us with some amazing investigators. One new one is a 16 year old kid who is friends with some members. He is a lot of fun to teach because he has very little religious back ground so we have to start from the ground up on everything. I actually really love teaching people like that because you need to focus so much on faith in Jesus Christ before everything which is nice. The kid's nickname we call him is slick because always wears these shades and dresses slick hence the name slick. Slick came to church yesterday so that was exciting! We had a good amount of investigators and less actives there this week so it was a party. Well ya that was my week. The transfer is going great and I really a, loving my companion and area. I hope and pray I get to end my mission here but who knows. If I do that would mean I only have 4 areas but I think it would be awesome. Well hope you all have a great week! Love ya!


-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Long hike to the beach