7-31-17


Hey everybody! Hope all is well! This has been a crazy week up here! This is the busiest week for dip netting (where you put a big net with a long pole in the ocean off the beach to catch salmon) so it's been a crowded week in the Kenai.  Also we have done a lot of service and I mean a lot! 
But before I get into how crazy that all was I need to tell you about the awesome pday fishing we all had! We went out on the Kenai river with the Tanner family who have a cabin right by the river. The Tanners are from Bountiful and come up every summer so it was a blessing we ran into them at the store because it led to a super fun pday! We fished for a long time and caught a few! Sorry I don't have the pictures because took them with their camera and sent them to my parents. I'm sure they will post them on Facebook or something. Anyway it was one of the funnest pdays I have had! So the week started great with that! On Tuesday we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders again. I went with another one of my favorite Elders! Elder Lewis is super awesome and we had a lot of fun together! We had a cool experience as well together. We were trying to contact a family when we saw this lady hanging out on a couch out side so we went and talked to her. I don't really know how it all happened but she first started off not interested in talking with us to ending with giving her a Book of Mormon and showing her a video from our iPad. It was a cool to see how the spirit really calmed a situation and testified that we were friendly. She also said we can come back so that's exciting. So exchanges were a party with a lot of good hard work! The next morning we started with all the service we did but digging out a basement for a member in the sisters area. It was some serious hard work! Right after we did that we aet something and showered and took of to another service. The second one was actually pretty sweet because we got to paint and I got to do something my dad taught me to do which was how to cut between ceiling and walls. See Dad, something you taught me stuck! Anyway that was fun. Then after that the rest of the week was just a lot of people calling us to help them all over the place. One of the funnest service was splitting some wood!                                
We sure split of wood up in Alaska! It was fun for Elder Hatch to try it for his first time haha. So ya lot of service but the highlight was the Ward BBQ!  It was a lot of fun and good food!  They had a dessert auction for all the members to raise money for girls camp and we  ended up walking out with 3 or 4 plate fulls of dessert! Man, this loose weight before I go home thing is not going good haha! Well that was the big stuff this week! Crazy how fast time flys! We get transfer calls next week. Since I'm training we kinda already know ours but still this went by fast! Well love you guys!






-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
  


P.S. The pictures are the beach during dip netting and the fish heads are what the beach looks like and why Kenai always smells like fish,