9-25-17

Hey everyone!

This has been an insane week! So I said goodbye to Kenai and Elder Hatch and went to my new area. It was super sad to say bye to Kenai and my companion. I really loved my time there! The people are so amazing. This is always the hardest part of being a missionary is leaving after you love the people. There is memories in Kenai that I'll never forget! Most of those memories are because of Elder Hatch. I have loved my time with him and loved training him. He has taught me so much and I am so proud of that kid! He is staying in Kenai so I know it's in great hands. Although it's sad to say bye it's exciting to start a new adventure and adventure is what this new area is for sure! My new Companion is Elder Pauga from Arizona. He is Samoan but is called 
Tongan Speaking. We are in a English Ward but he is only here for a transfer with me then goes back to the Tongan Ward. It's awesome because I love learning Tongan with him! So much as happened already since I have been here. Seems like we have a ton of meetings and lots of exchanges this coming transfer which will be fun. This area doesn't have to many investigators well actually none. It was crazy though because just the few days we were together we saw so many miracles and found lots of great potentials! Oh and out of no where on Sunday we find out a nine year old of a recent convert family wants to be baptized. We had the first lesson with him and now we are preparing him for baptism! So many miracles it's crazy. Also we have had a lot of fun! One of the funnest things was driving up here with Elder Lewis! Oh my goodness it was so beautiful!!! I love Autumn in Alaska. Then the fun just continued with Elder Pauga! I love him because we are just super chill together! Oh and our apartment is crazy dope! We have an awesome hammock that is perfect for late night chilling. So on top of having a crazy awesome Soa (companion in Samoan) we have a really great Zone with lots of new missionaries. Ever companionship but us and one other is training! Crazy how many greenies there are but that just means lots of greenie fire! Well that has been my week so far!
Just Chilling
 I love you all and hope you have a great week!


-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
Traveling with Elder Lewis