10-2-17

Hey guys!

So this has been an amazing week! First off General Conference was crazy awesome! I love hearing from our prophets and apostles! It seemed like every talk given had a message specific for me. It is always crazy listening to Conference as a missionary because you are constantly saying oh man I wish this investigator or this less active was listening. It gives us lots of good messages to share through the next few weeks. One big thing I got out of the messages was becoming what God needs us to become. Elder Hollands talk really hit me. I know we try our hardest to become like our savior who is perfect but we always fall short of perfection but that is where the Atonement comes in. I thought I knew a lot about the Atonement until this week when I realized I haven't even scratched the surface. Although I don't understand everything Christ did for us I know it happened. I am so grateful for the Atonement of our savior and so amazed at his love. It is 100% possible to change and improve. Something I have realized is that it is important to feel some sorrow to feel some gilt to feel just a portion, and it will be only a small portion of what he felt. It's important to feel that to better understand what he did for you and to better appreciate it. It has been an eye opening week as I have studied and pondered the true meaning of the Atonement of Christ. So that's something huge I have taken away from Conference and throughout this week. On top of a great Conference we had a really awesome week with working hard and having fun. I went on exchanges with Elder Paskett who is a new missionary. I had lots of fun but it was a weird experience because they cover the military base and part of that base was my first area. So there was a lot of déjà vu with memories rushing back. After exchanges we met with our Mission President and man oh man was that an amazing meeting! I love President Toone! He is such a knowledgeable man. He taught seminary for years and was a CES Director so he knows a lot of good stuff! We asked a lot of questions and our minds were blown! This church is so true!! Anyway it is always nice meeting with him and getting a energy booster! The rest of the week was running around meeting and talking to everyone we could. We did a crazy service where we were suppose to help build this guys cabin type thing but ended up shoveling gravel into mud in the rain. We were soaked and covered in mud! So ya that has been my week. I hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.