10-30-17

What up!!

So this has been a nuts week!!! First off I will start with my transfer call. So I will be staying in Bear Mountain and be getting a new companion, Elder Ogden. Elder Ogden is one of my good friends out here so I am super stoked to serve with him! My companion Elder Pauga is sadly leaving to go be the Zone Leader over a new Language Zone in Anchorage. I loved serving with Elder Pauga and learned a lot from him! He is definitely a friend for life! So that was the big news! I am super pumped I get to serve with one of my really good friends for my last transfer so that's dope! Anyway the rest of the week was super busy. Tuesday we had one of the districts in our zone go to the institute building for district meeting so the institute director could teach them about working with the YSA. That was interesting because there was a whole Zone of missionaries there when they got there so we had to go show up and it just was kinda crazy but it ended up working out. We learned a lot about institute which was cool because not to many missionaries know a lot about it because we came right out of high school. Anyways that was Tuesday but then Wednesday was really busy with teaching. For some reason the only day any of our investigators could meet this week was Wednesday so it made for a crazy night of teaching but made the rest of the week kinda suck with no teaching but hey at least Wednesday was legendary. We taught Andre first that night and it was sick! He is on date for December. It was a super spiritual lesson. He told us in the beginning of the lesson how happy we was that he met us and how thankful he is for us teaching him. One of the most powerful moments of my mission is when he said with tears in his eyes that he is grateful that we are here and all I could think of is how thankful I am that I'm here too. We taught about the restoration and it was really powerful. On Sunday he came to church but told us he had a bad leak in his yurt so we left and helped him patch it because it was raining really bad but after that we taught a lesson. He told us he was struggling with drinking and smoking weed. He gave us his pipes and told us to throw them away so we chucked them in the river. He is so ready and committed! It's crazy how strong the spirit is in that little yurt each time we teach him! After teaching him Wednesday we taught a new investigator who is friends with one of our priests. He is really elect! We then went to a part members house after and put the wife and kids on date! It was such a great day! Those days make it so worth being a missionary! It really makes up for all the sucky days! The rest of the week has been finding and getting things ready for transfers. We have some Elders moving apartments so we spent some time moving things around. All and all it has been one amazing last week with my Soa. I will really miss Elder Pauga but I'm excited for him to go back to the Tongan Ward. It's crazy to be starting my last transfer but I am finishing strong!!! A lot of my friends went home this transfer but I was able to say bye to a few of them. See them in 6 weeks! Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!

-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.