11-13-17

Hey guys!

So this has been a great week!!! We had lots happen but the best part was Daniels baptism! It was awesome! He was so happy! It was such a joyful moment seeing him after being baptized.
When I shook his hand and congratulated him the spirit told me that this kid will do great things. I loved seeing the smile on his mother's face and the tears in her eyes when she saw him in the water. I love seeing people being baptized but this one was different because seeing the whole family happy and full of gratitude really hit me. I am thankful that I know this gospel is true and I am great everyday to be able to tell people of its truthfulness! So that was the big highlight of the week. Okay so for the big change of the week is that we got Facebook. We had MLC, which is just a meeting for Zone Leaders, and we learned all about it and made our accounts. It is really helpful for the work! We have already been able to share videos and messages with our investigators everyday. We have also been able to do video chats with them as well. It has been a huge help in the work. The missionaries in our zone have not got it yet but we keep telling them that it is so amazing. A lot of missionaries aren't to excited for it and see it has a distraction but to be honest it's not any bigger distraction as they have right now. If you are focused on your purpose honestly it's not that tempting. On the other hand it was a trip to log in into facebook and see profile picture of friends with their spouses that I had no idea they were married! So that was crazy to see all of that and it felt just weird. Anyway all and all Facebook is a really great tool. All the missionaries in the Zone get it this week at Zone Conference so that should be fun. This is going to be my last Zone Conference and I was so hoping I didn't have to give a training but we will be training of the new Christmas initiative. Got a fun week ahead. The rest of this week has been great times with teaching lots and going to meetings. Oh one other highlight in my life
is that Panda Experience just opened up in Eagle River so mission just got even better. Well that was the big stuff of the week! Well love you all and hope you have a good one!


-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.