11-6-17

Hey!

So ya this week was pretty awesome! It was transfer week so I got my new comp Elder Ogden
and he is freaking awesome! We were already good friends before so it has been cool to be comps. This week we had some great lessons with some elect investigators. Daniel passed his interview and will be baptized this Thursday! We are pumped for him! It has been a lot of fun teaching him. His mom is really great and super nice. She is a convert of 4 years and really loves this gospel. She bore her testimony this Sunday and it was powerful to hear her testify of how grateful she was that she found this gospel. It has been a true pleasure teaching her son. Also this week we taught Andre which went great! We moved his baptism date up. I told him I would quit drinking soda if he stops drinking beer and now he is all excited to make me stop drinking soda. Tomorrow is when he quits beer so I guess it's my last day for soda haha. He is the guy we have been teaching in the yert tent thing. He is super elect and ready for baptism. He has such a strong testimony of change its crazy! He tells us that he wants to be a better man and wants to stop sinning to the point of being perfect. It's been fun teaching him about the Atonement and how we will be perfect one day but for today we just need to give our absolute best. I love teaching people with such a desire it's inspiring. We are also teaching another kid who is such a stud! He is in seminary and not even a member. He has amazing questions. We taught about the Plan of Salvation and it was really awesome to answer such great questions but the highlight of the lesson is when we taught about the Atonement. It was such how powerful moment to teach a teenager that the Savior knows him and loves him enough to die for him. As we testified to him about the Saviors suffering I could see in his eyes how much it really meant to him that someone loves him that much. Daniel always pay attention when we teach but once we started talking about the Atonement he was on the edge of his seat hanging on to every word. We hope to be inviting him to baptism this next lesson which I can't wait for! So other than some awesome lessons and transfers that's about it for this week. Oh expect with transfers I ran into my son, last comp I trained, Elder Hatch.

Things are all good! Hope you have a great week!


-Elder Barney


2 Timothy2:3
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.