4-17-17

Happy (late) Easter everyone!

I hope you all had a good Easter Sunday! This week has been really good up here in the great white north! It's been a pretty normal week except for the weekend. We did get news this week that we won't have anymore Zone Meetings because we have Zone Conference every transfer now. It just mean less meetings but I actually like the training and seeing everyone so that sucks we won't have that anymore. On Saturday we had Elder Mayhue, who is a senior missionary with his wife. He came up to Whitehorse on his way home. It was really awesome to see him stop in and say hi. He also got us a new apartment while he was here and I am really excited about that!
So before I forget my address to send packages is changing  so please just send all mail to 3250 Strawberry Rd. Anchorage, Alaska. That will be easiest. So anyway we took Elder Mayhue around town to show him some cool sights that the Yukon has to offer. It was perfect because the weather has really been warming up and it's starting to look more like spring! The Yukon River is finally braking up but some lakes are still frozen over. Still have some snow but is almost gone. Spring time in the Yukon makes for some amazing views! After the amazing sight seeing we had dinner  with Elder Mayhue and had to give him the full Canadian experience with some good old Putine (if you are Canadian you know what I'm talking about) it is pretty much just french fries covered in gravy and cheese curds.  
It's super delicious and it's everywhere here even McDonald's has it. So Elder Mayhue spent the night here then took off to Skagway the next day. It was really great to see be him and be able to say bye! Anyway on Easter Sunday it was a great day!! Church was great as usual but the rest of the day was really....I guess you could say inspired. All day it seemed like everywhere we went we had some one we needed to talk to. It was a day of deep conversation and testifying of the power of change. It really made me think of how much I have changed on my mission. I have truly come to know that Christ lives and actually have a relationship with Him and God and I tell you what that changes a person when you have a real relationship with your Father in Heaven. I am so grateful to be on my mission and I am so grateful for my Savior! I know he is resurrected and lives today. The tomb is empty! I hope you all had a great Easter and have a great week! Next week I fly off to Juneau once again for another Zone Conference so hope to have some good pictures from the plane!

 Love ya bye!
Elder Barney