7-10-17

Hey guys!

So this week has been pretty sweet! The 4th of July was super fun and crazy busy! We had all the missionaries in our district in the parade for Kenai 4th of July parade. We all rode bikes in our shirt and ties and sisters in skirts. It was super funny to hear random Mormons start cheering like crazy when they saw us haha! After the parade we all went to the fair for lunch and OYMing. We had reindeer sausages which we super delicious! After all of that was done we were running every which way to all these BBQ's. On top of the awesome food that day we had a great lesson. We were able to talk to a former investigator and recommit him to baptism. We taught him the restoration and at the end of it he told us he was done with chewing and gave us his stash to throw away. We have high hopes for this great guy but didn't see him at church today so hope we can catch him later on. So also this week we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders which was such a party! I got to go with one of my favorite Elders ever Elder Ryan and had a good time. Coolest part was he taught me how to be Californian which didn't work too good haha! We worked hard and had fun doing it, even rewarded our selves with a 
milkshake.  It seems like this week just went by super fast but so much has happened. We really have been trying to ride bikes a lot with the weather being good some days. We have talked to a lot of people and it's been a lot of fun helping Elder Hatch learn to talk to everyone. That's definitely one of my favorite things about greenies is how excited they are to talk to everyone. It gives a lot of funny moments. One thing that I have learned out here is that missionary work is super awkward so we just need to embrace it and have fun in those awkward moments. We had one of those funny moments this week riding bikes. We were talking to this older couple on the street and I thought they were both super nice but after we left my companion said something about the old lady flirted with me the whole time then I stopped and thought for a minute and then it hit me and I just died laughing! It was super funny! Me and my companion had a good laugh for awhile! Good times. Anyway on Sunday a missionary I knew came back to Alaska to visit and brought his family up. It was crazy because he just went home like 2 weeks ago but his family wanted to go fishing so here they are. It was weird to see him with out a name tag and with facial hair. So that was a cool surprise.
 On Sunday we had a missionary
farewell which was awesome! We also got to sit in on his setting a part blessing and had some flashbacks. Time goes so fast! I feel like it was just yesterday but at the same time it feels like a lot has happened. I really love my mission! Alaska is awesome and life is good! Well I love you guys and hope all is well!


-Elder Barney