11-27-17


Hey guys!

So what a week it has been. First off  thanksgiving was crazy! We did it Alaska style and went big with 3 dinners! I have never been more stuffed in my life! The food coma was real! We started the day eating with a part member family who owns an Asian restaurant and had an Asian Thanksgiving.  It was delicious and different to eat fried rice ad sesame chicken on Thanksgiving. 
I did a rookie mistake and eat way to much! Our 2nd  dinner was with another part member family that we are super close with. There was so much food and a ton of people there. We finished the day with one of our favorite members. After the 3rd dinner I went to sit on there couch and next thing I know my companion woke me up 15 minutes later.  I'm telling you that a food coma was for real!  
Although the food was great the best part came early in the day. We gave one of our investigators a blessing in a members home. It was crazy because he told us that he will do anything to be baptized and quit smoking. We taught him about fasting earlier in the week and then he was determined to fast on Thanksgiving. It was the only day he had off work so he decided to fast that day and get a blessing. It was a super spiritual moment giving him a blessing to with stand temptation. That moment made that the best thanksgiving I can ever remember. I am so great for the Priesthood and the opportunities to bless others with it. Honestly teaching Andre as definitely been the highlight of the week! Also this week we went on Exchanges which was awesome. I went with Elder McKamey who is a good guy! We had a lot of fun and worked really hard. Sunday was one of the best days this week. We were running every which way. We taught Daniel who got baptized a couple weeks ago. We started up the new member lessons. We also taught the other Daniel who we have been teaching for a month. He finally said maybe to baptism. He came to church for the first time this week and he really enjoyed it. I truly believe he will be baptized. The work here is going great and things are good. I love you all and hope you had a good thanksgiving!


- Elder Barney