12-4-17

Well it was my last fast Sunday on the mission yesterday. It is crazy to think I got one more Sunday left! This week was crazy and it finally hit me that my time here is coming to an end. On Saturday I hit my 2 year mark of my mission. It was weird to think back on all that. It's been such an amazing 2 years! This isn't my last email so I will save all that stuff for my last one. Any way this week was awesome with Exchanges and teaching and lots of other fun stuff. I went on a Exchanges with one of the new missionaries Elder Brown from Rigby Idaho so it was fun to talk to him about Rigby and all that Idaho stuff. Elder Brown is an amazing Elder with lots of fun energy so we had a great time together. I also went on exchanges with one of my good friends Elder Ryan! It had been awhile since we have been on am Exchange so it was sick to see him again! It's always so fun going on exchanges with him because his this surfer dude from Cali and always wants to "flow" my hair with his blow dryer so I'm always lookin fresh after being with him! While on exchanges with Elder Ryan we went and did a Zone service at a tree lighting celebration in Eagle River, we were directing so it was cold.  The funniest part of the service was Elder Brown had one of the stop signs and I  guess he got bored so he started playing with the sign, we see cars stopping and going and backing up  so we look over at Elder Brown and he is just throwing the sign in the air and confusing all the cars! Man that was super funny! After the service we walked around and talked to people. We even saw Santa and his Reindeer. Of course we got a sweet picture with him.  That was a pretty fun service!
The next day which was Saturday was crazy! So we met with President Toone early in the week and we are trying to get every area in the Zone to baptize in December. So we fasted for everyone we are working with and tracted for 4 hours in different missionaries areas. We knocked a lot of doors! It was a good way to celebrate the 2 year mark. I was able to go get some wings for dinner with my friends later that night which a blessing haha. On Sunday I had a surprise visit from one of my childhood friends, Brian Palmer. They moved up to Alaska like 10 years ago and I finally found out where. He came to church and it was cool to catch up with him. It was a trip seeing him. It was like a small taste of what it will be like seeing my friends when I get home. So this will be my last full week but it's ending with a bang. Andre will be baptized this Saturday right after our Ward Christmas party. I am so excited for him! He is doing so great! He has stayed so strong and is so excited to be baptized. It will be something to never forget when he gets baptized. This coming week is a big one for me. I'm excited to end strong! I will keep pushing. I want you to all know that I love my Savior and I am grateful for the Priesthood man he has help me become. Change is real! I love you all and hope to see you really soon!

-Elder Barney