3-2-17


Hello everyone!

So this has been a pretty darn good week if I have to say so myself.
It was busy as usual but full of lots of great spiritual experiences.
To start off we had some different experiences as well. So Whitehorse
had this World Religion Conference were they had about 7 different
religions represented on a panel to do some questions and answers.
There was lots of different religions like buddhism, Muslim, Jewish,
and Christianity and they even had First Nations (like Eskimo). So
there was a wide variety of different religions. The Muslim faith put
this all together and lots of people came, I would say about 100 or
more. Our branch president was invited to say a few words although
someone else was representing Christianity. It was very interesting to
hear all the different views and truth each person talked about. One
thing I thought was interesting was that no one really mentioned Jesus
Christ until our branch president got up and spoke. It was great
because it shows people we are Christians. It was pretty funny because
for some reason my companion and I were volunteered to take pictures
and set up chairs and bring out food. We literally just came in and
sat at the back of the room and this Muslim guy instantly noticed who
we were and asked us to help out so for the next 2 and half hours we
were running around doing everything haha. It was great to get our
name out there and get some public exposure. So the next day we had a
meeting at the church and we show up and find that our branch
president offered some members of the Muslim faith to use our gym area
for their prayer circle thing. They weren't there long but it was
interesting to see. They really like us missionaries and really wanted
 to take a picture with us. I think it's an awesome picture haha! So
that was a very interesting experience that's for sure.

So for some really awesome spiritual experiences, we have a baptism coming up on Thursday. It's not a convert baptism it's a rebaptsim of a member who removed his name years ago. When I first got here he was suppose to get baptized but he had some problems come up with the Book of Mormon. We have been working with him ever since. I have bore my
testimony to him over a dozen times and tried to answer his concerns the best way I know how but he still just couldn't get past it. So earlier this week we were over visiting with him and testifying to him and I made a joke that we had a baptism coming up and we could throw him in while the font was full and he laughed and said sure, then it got quite. We just looked at him and said wait for real? And he said yes. He had been praying about what we said and got an answer to go to another church so one Sunday he did. He told us that as he sat there in another church the spirit told him how true the Mormon church is. It's kinda of a weird answer to a prayer but hey I'll take it. We met with the Branch President and got everything good to go for Thursday.  We are really excited! I have truly grown to love this man and am soooo excited to watch him enter back into the fold!  So another really amazing experience we had happened Saturday night.  So we had a dinner planed with some members and a potential investigator and the. We had appointments after. Then just before the dinner our plans for after called and canceled but I now know why, because we needed to spend some time teaching with potential investigator. So during dinner the lady says she is starting to have doubts that God is even real. We testified to her but she still had some questions. After the meal my companion and I both felt we needed to change our lesson plan and go a little different route. I was a little nervous because what we changed to was to combine about 4 different parts from 3 different lessons. It all went great! It was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been a part of. At the end of the lesson we answered every single one of her questions and more all with scripture and the power of the Holy Ghost. During the lesson my companion invited her to be baptized but she declined but hat was okay because the spirit was still there. At the end of it all the member suggested watching the short restoration video. Oh my goodness the spirit filled the room!! After the video we asked what she thought and she said it was true! We gave her a soft commitment of baptism and she softly said yes but we will see. The best part was it started with her not believing in God to believing He appeared to Joseph Smith all thanks to the spirit! Man I love my job!!! A mission is the most amazing thing ever! I love this kind of experiences. It makes all the hard times sooo worth it! I want you all to know that God lives and he know you perfectly! I love you guys and hope you all
have a great week!

P.S. Love you grandma! You are in my prayers!

Elder Barney