7-25-16

Hey everyone!

Oh man what a week! Well I got some news about our transfers! It looks
like Elder Dalin and I are not staying together for another transfer.
I am pretty bummed about that but he is going some where super
awesome! He got transferred to Nome! The best part is that his new
companion is my old companion Elder Jensen from when I was back in
Anchorage! I am just so excited for them! Nome is crazy because they 
have to fly in on a little bush plane so that will be nuts haha.

Elder Barney and Elder Dalin

Anyway so for what is happening for me is that I am staying and getting a greenie fresh off the plane. I will be training a new missionary here in Delta Junction! I am super nervous!!! I still feel like a greenie myself and now I'm training one!? It is pretty crazy but I am excited just as much as I am nervous. It has been a really
long time since someone was trained in this area just because how out there it is. My mission president asked me if there is enough work out here to train and I told him there here will be now I guess. So this coming week will be a lot of traveling! I guess that's the blessing curse
 of serving in Alaska.
 So on Tuesday I will drive to Fairbanks to the Airport and fly
 to Anchorage and get there a little later in the evening. 
Then spend the night with some missionaries who will drop
 me off the next morning to pick up my new companion.
 After we have some training we get to go to the temple which I'm super
excited for!! After that we will be taken to the Airport again and fly
to Fairbanks and spend the night there and then the next morning make a drive to 
Delta Junction.  See how Crazy that all is!?
                                                 

Well that was my exciting news for the week. The rest of the week was
really great too! We went to Salcha last P-day to meet up with the
zone for one last big zone P-day. That was such a fun time! We bbq
some hot dogs and hamburgers and talked and played bored games at a
members house. It was a good way to unwind and have fun! Also another
great part of this week is that we were able to see Spencer and Bree!
They came down from Fairbanks to visit. Spencer is the one who was
baptized in Fairbanks that I talked about last week. It was so great
to see him and his family! And holy cow what a difference in him and
his wife!!! They seem much more happy!! It is hard to explain how
people look after baptism. It is the same every time. They just look I
guess "shinier" is the best way to put it haha. They are just so
awesome! He got the priesthood this week and is looking forward to
blessing the sacrament. I love seeing the change in people! I know I
didn't have a huge part in it but I am so happy for them! Well I hope
you all have a great week! I will let you all know who my new
companion is next week!

-Elder Barney

Spencer and Bree and family