7-4-16

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Hope you all are having a great 4th! It was great to see the Rigby(Menan) parade in the pictures my dad sent me. They don't do parades here in Delta Junction. There is just not enough people here haha. I'm not sure how fireworks is going to work because it's as bright as mid day all stinking night!! It can get hard to sleep haha. It honestly doesn't fill like the 4th of July because I'm use to the big celebration but it pretty quite here.  Anyway the past Pday was amazing! We were able to go fishing! It was just so beautiful! I caught about 15 or more grayling and my biggest one was about  22 inches! We were catching fish left and right! A member took us to a cabin they have right off a place call Clearwater River. It worked out great. As I fished my companion who really hates the outdoors was able to play a board game with the members son. He had a great time and so did I. That just made my week! We also had a pretty busy week. Our zone leader and District leader came down to Delta for exchanges. I love exchanges here because we don't see other missionaries very often so it is always fun. We cooked up the Pike I caught last week and had ourselves a little late night snack. We didn't really know how to cook a fish or what spices to use so we just used them all! It had a lot of flavor haha! It was great to be with and learn from those great Elders. So that was Tuesday and Wednesday then on Thursday night we went up to Fairbanks to spend the night for zone conference on Friday. Zone conference was just so awesome! I learned so much as I always do with trainings. It's like they always know exactly what I needed to hear. Zone conference took all day so we had to stay another night in Fairbanks with our zone leaders. The next day we were running all around Fairbanks trying to get our tire on our truck fixed. We got a flat on Wednesday so we needed to get a new tire. As we were trying to find a place to do so guess what happened!? Another tire went flat! It was a very long day.... We rolled back into Delta just in time for dinner and to see a few people before we had to be in. This was a very busy week but sooo much fun! Zone conference was one of the best parts. Yesterday on Sunday I was able to put to use something I learned. We were teaching an investigator about faith in God. He told us he envies our faith and struggles to know the truth. Something we learned on Friday was to use personal experience to testify. I did just that. I told this man about my past struggle with faith before my mission and how I came to know the truth. The spirit was very strong and I believe it changed the whole outcome of that lesson. Before he just said that he is fine without knowing but once I shared that experience he said he wants that too. I never thought that my past struggles would be able to bless someone else's life. I love the opportunity I have to share this gospel with others and show them how it has blessed my life as well.

I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the 4th of July. I love and miss you all and am thankful for all you do. 
Thank you Nana and Grandpa for everything
 and CONGRATS on retirement Nana!











-Elder Barney


The picture with the missionaries go: Elder Barney, Elder Parks,
Elder Dalin, Elder Davis.

ZONE CONFERENCE 7-1-16