Nov 21, 2016

Hey there everyone!

So this week has been a real roller coaster. Have a lot of up and down days this week. Overall the miracles far out weighs the struggles! To start out the week we had exchanges in the North Pole! That was so much fun! I went with Elder Noack and he is just a stud! It was pretty sweet because for a service project we went to Santa's Reindeer Farm!

We scooped poop for the Reindeer! It was really awesome being that close to them. Got to pet them and feed them and it was awesome! It was a little scary just because they always try to fight with each other haha. All and all that was the coolest service! I love going to North Pole because they have fast food there and it feels like FOREVER since I had McDonalds. To say the least exchanges were awesome and memories were made! ;)



So before I get to the rest of the week I need to tell ya about my pday! Sooo last week we went to a members home who has a home mad ice rink in their backyard! Crazy I know! So I tried ice skating and that didn't work to well haha so I just went on the ice with my shoes and
played hockey "horse" with one of the priests. Now this pday we are all out in Salcha ice skating as a district. We don't usually see other missionaries so this is fun!
The rest of the week went pretty good. Alexis is getting baptized this coming Saturday so this week we have been working with her to finish the lessons. She is so awesome and excited to get baptized! They rest of the family is doing great too! They all been going to church each
week! Oh which reminds me of all the miracles on Sunday! We had two investigators totally surprise us by showing up. I was stunned and excited all at the same time! Also Alexis made it with her family which was a miracle because her mom said the alarm didn't go off and they woke up 15 minutes before church and rushed over. With her baptism this Saturday they really need to be there yesterday so that was a big miracle! So many great things at church! I just felt so happy and love the people there! This Ward is just so amazing and loving! It's like a big family and you feel like you are a part of it the minute you meet them! On Saturday there was a big party for a missionary who just returned from Ukraine. When we showed up it felt like a big family reunion! Oh, and the food there was the BEST!! Sister Lemons is the best cook ever! Anyway this week I have felt so grateful for such an amazing Ward! Also all the blessings with finding people to teach! We have had some great lessons with some amazing people! Their is this new investigator who we taught on Friday the Plan of Salvation and man oh man it got a little deep. The member that came with us brought up some deep stuff but luckily the investigator is super elect and went right along with it! It looked like things in that lesson were taking a wrong turn but it turn out to be a great lesson with the spirit! I learned that it's okay if we make mistakes, as long as the spirit is there then a good feeling is there. In the spirit of thanksgiving I want to thank all of you for your love and support. I also want to thank my WHOLE FAMILY for everything! I absolutely would not be out here without them! Also thank you amazing people of Alaska! I have come to love the people up here with all my heart! I am so thankful for my savior and his Atonement. I know with all my heart that God loves us and the Atonement is real! I have seen miracles with the Atonement in my own life and the lives of others. I just want to tell you all that there is nothing that can't be fixed with the Atonement. Use it everyday for everything! I love you all and wish you a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

-Elder Barney

Santa's Sleigh out of Ice