2-20-17

Hey guys!

What a week it has been! So I guess I should start in the beginning.
So all roads so Alaska were closed earlier this week which made us nervous we would not be able to go to Zone Conference but luckily they opened Thursday so we were not going to risk them closing again Friday so we went to Skagway a day early. It was a ton of fun! Skagway is absolutely beautiful!! In the winter the town is dead so it made missionary work hard but it was still fun to be there. So we spent the night there then took a 7 hour ferry to Juneau the next day. The Ferry was sweet but long as always. We spent the whole time playing cards and trying to talk to people ( I got pretty good at speed). So then on Saturday we started the day great! We stayed in the basement of some members and they gave us breakfast! Then we went and did some tracting and OYMing for a little bit before Zone Conference. We had a member of the 70 Elder Ardern and his wife come talk to us which was super awesome! Since we have a small Zone of 16 we got a lot of one on one time with him. I learned so much but one thing really stuck out to me.
He asked us this question which I think we all need to ask ourselves, "What is the Adversary place of entrance in my life?" It really made me think on what I need to work at. Zone Conference was just really great! After we had some great dinner then back to work OYMing then we had a fireside with Elder Ardern where we learned even more with a Q & A with him. He is a super funny guy! Anyway that was Saturday now Sunday was a ton of fun! We had Church in a different ward and got to hear Elder Ardern speak once again, they kept him busy! Then I got to go to priest quorum because there was so many missionaries there. After church we had some really great Tongan food. Then we went out teaching and OYMing. It was a lot of fun to meet a lot of different people. Also it was a BLAST to see all the missionaries! I love these guys so much! We got to say bye to a couple of them because of transfers oh and by the way I am staying in my area with my companion for another 6 weeks. I am really happy about that because I love my companion and this area! So all and all Juneau was a blast! I love you all and hope you have a great week! Have a bush plane to catch so I will email more next week! Love ya!

-Elder Barney