Jan 4 2016

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years! My New Years was lame. We had to be in at 7 and just had to pretty much sit there and study. Not to fun. This week was actually pretty pack full of events. First off I will start with New Years morning. So we woke up with no power and because the sun doesn't come up until freaking 11 we had to shower and do everything in the dark! Good thing we had flash lights. I guess someone ran into a pole. The roads here are super bad. They are crazy icy! People are slipping off the road left and right here. And walking on the ice sucks. Yes I did fall, today actually. Well that was my event full New Years. Okay, then earlier this week we got two more investigators on date to be baptized! I am so happy for the 2 of them. One of them is a 16 year old kid who is pretty cool. He likes meeting with us but if only he could like going to church. He went this Sunday and committed to go to every Sunday after. Then the other ones date is late February. To be honest she needs to get off the drinking and smoking first. She has come such a long ways since meeting with the missionaries years ago! I know as she keeps putting her trust in the lord he will help her quit the necessary addictions she needs to. Oh so this is a little be random but today we went to the zoo. Just wanted to tell you all about that before I talk about the craziest event. Anyway the zoo was not to bad. I saw polar bears and brown bears. I also liked the tiger seals. The seals look like they are smiling in my pictures haha. It was a fun P-day activate!
Okay now for the most crazy event. One of our investigators who is on date to be baptized with her family on January 23 got into a server car accident. Another car T-boned them in a intersection. When she was released from the hospital she had us come over the next day. When we walked in and she instantly covered her face with a blanket and started to cry. Her boy friend who is soon to be her husband didn't know what to say. So we sat there and made some awkward chitchat. Her cousin then came in to take her to a doctors appointment. As they were scrambling to get everything taken care of we were about to leave. I got a prompting to ask if she wanted a blessing. Well I thought to myself that they were to busy. It was not the right time. Like always I got the prompting again. So thinking back to all the stories of these promptings I went ahead and asked her. With the blanket still covering her face she nodded her head yes. So we gave her one. When I started the blessing I didn't know what to say but my hart was filled with love. I can't remember all I said but I remember the tears in her eyes after the blessing. the spirit filled the room and my testimony grew that day. I know what ever I said was what she needed to hear and was from her Heavenly Father. As she continues to put faith in the lord she will be blessed. That is the same for all of us. We need to have faith that the lord will not give us a trial that we can't over come. This investigator shows her faith as she diligently searches in the scriptures and prayers daily. I love this work and I love the people of Alaska. Oh how great my calling is! I love you all and miss you like crazy! One month down here in Alaska. 23 more to go!


-Elder Barney